You have heard the comment ‘you have to suffer for your beauty’ and when it comes to bunions it really can be the truth. Bunions are a form of joint pain and common problem among women who wear high heels a lot, people who spend a lot of time on their feet especially wearing tight shoes. Also those who exercise without form. Bunions are a common deformity caused by a structural abnormality in the foot. Over time, they appear as a large bump on the side of the foot or at the base of the big toe. In this post we will look at some Natural remedies for bunions. But First…
Bunions can run in the family. They may be caused by weak or poor foot structure. Bunions could be associated with certain types of arthritis, particularly the inflammatory ones, such as rheumatoid arthritis. There are many theories and facts about how bunions develop, but the exact cause is unknown. Factors likely include:
- Inherited foot type
- Foot injuries
- Deformities present at birth
Risk factors for bunions
- High heels – Both men and women can develop bunions, but women tend to have them more, likely because they tend to wear more constricting shoes such as tight shoes and high heels. High heels, for example, can press the toes together, restrict the blood flow and restrict the big toe’s normal range of motion.
- Rheumatoid arthritis – Having this inflammatory condition can make you more susceptible to bunions.
- Heredity – The tendency to develop bunions might be because of an inherited structural foot defect.
Symptoms of bunions
Most common symptoms of bunions are:
- Pain in your big toe joint
- A swollen big toe
This can create it troublesome to steer, and you would possibly notice your shoes don’t work properly.
These symptoms are also caused by issues apart from bunions, therefore to make sure take a glance at your foot. See wherever very cheap of your toe connects to it? If you see a bony bump there along with your toe headed within the other way, you almost certainly have a lump.
Continue on the next page