Since ancient times, homemade natural whey protein was known for its benefits. Today it is widely used, especially in sports for improving the performance and building strong muscles. But the variety of benefits whey protein offers made it a common ingredient in cosmetic products too. You can see whey soap, or a facial cream, containing goat whey. Russian folk medicine also considers whey protein as one of the healthiest foods available and the benefits of whey were passed on from one generation to another.
Whey is the product that remains after the milk has been curdled and strained. This low-calorie product is very nutritionally dense. It contains potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, iron, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C. It also has a lot of amino acids and protein.
Russian folk medicine doctors suggest that you can rejuvenate your whole body just by drinking one glass of homemade natural whey protein daily. Your immune system will be strong and you won’t be affected by the cold winter or spring allergies. It will shield your body from viruses and infections.
Proteins in whey are made of alpha lactoglobulin, a really important substance that keeps the bones strong and it plays an important role in calcium absorption. Alpha-lactalbumin plays a major role in tissue development and growth and it is also found in women’s breast milk.
Whey also contains immunoglobulin, a protein that strengthens and protects the immune system.
Benefits of homemade natural whey protein
Тhe use of natural whey protein rebalances the gut and improves digestion in just a few weeks. It is beneficial in treating gastritis, constipation, and colitis. Russians drink whey on an empty stomach in order to rebalance the electrolytes in the body and get rid of swelling, because this product has a diuretic effect too.
Natural whey protein also lowers bad cholesterol and prevents the arteries from clogging. It is even considered to be a strong anti-depressant since it stimulates the production of the ‘happiness hormone’ – serotonin. Because it is full of protein, it regulates the appetite, therefore many people use it when trying to shed a few pounds.
Cow Whey Protein
According to some alternative medicine practices, drinking 500 ml of warm cow whey protein daily for a month can improve your condition if you suffer from kidney stones.
Cow whey protein is especially recommended in treating chronic bronchitis. You should consume 80-100 ml of natural whey protein 3-5 times a day.
Homemade remedy for bronchitis with whey protein
For bronchitis, it is also recommended to use this homemade natural remedy. Put one tablespoon of plantain in a glass of cow whey protein and drink this three times a day before a meal.
Goat Whey Protein
Goat whey protein is especially recommended for pregnant women because it contains plenty of lactoglobulins. During pregnancy, there is an increased need for a protein that is necessary for the successful development of the baby. It is not a coincidence that lactoglobulins are present in mother’s breast milk too. If the mother is not able to breastfeed the baby, the best substitute for it is a baby formula based on goat whey protein.
Homemade Natural Whey Protein
Even though you can buy whey protein in almost every store, if you put up a little effort you can make your own natural homemade whey protein. You will need milk, preferably organic that was not pasteurized and homogenized. Heat up the milk, but you must not allow it to boil. In a separate bowl put one cup of yogurt and gradually add the heated milk while stirring. Cover the bowl with a gauze and leave it overnight. With this process, you will get sour milk. The next day, heat up the sour milk at a lower temperature for a few hours until it curdles. This way you will get cheese and the separated liquid is your whey. Strain the liquid and cool it down.
Homemade remedies with whey protein
- Natural whey protein has a whitening and brightening effect. Therefore you can mix it with a few drops of lemon juice and use it as a lotion to fight hyperpigmentation on the skin.
- You can also treat sunburns using whey protein. Just lie in a bath in which you added a few liters of whey for twenty minutes. This remedy calms the irritated and red skin.
- For a healthier and strong hair once a week wash it with a mixture of whey and burdock tea.
- For treating varicose veins try this old folks remedy. Pour 1/2 half a cup of boiling water over one teaspoon of dried mint leaves. After it cools down (after 20 minutes) add the same amount of whey (1/2 half a cup) and stir. Drink this three times a day, thirty minutes before a meal for a couple of weeks.
- For cleaning up the intestines try 200 ml of whey mixed with 2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt. Drink this in the morning on empty stomach but, be sure to remain close to the bathroom for at least a couple of hours.
- For an immune boost drink whey mixed with the same amount of carrot juice in the morning on an empty stomach.
- For a migraine put a whey compress on your head for at least 20 minutes.
Beauty treatments with homemade natural whey protein
- If you have brittle nails keep them for half an hour in a warm whey bath in which you added a few drops of jojoba oil.
- For a glowing skin clean your face with a cotton ball dipped in whey.
- Once a week make a peeling with a mixture of whey and Himalayan salt.
- Russian women like to use cooled whey as a mask. Dip a cloth in whey, strain it and leave it on your face for at least fifteen minutes. This mask reduces redness and swelling.
- If you have sensitive skin you can try this mask. Soak a piece of rye bread in a homemade whey and smash it with a fork. Put the smashed and soaked piece of rye bread on your face and leave it for thirty minutes.