Psyllium husk – Indian plantain flakes, are an excellent source of fiber.
Husks of the Indian plantain (lat. Plantago ovata), all commonly known as psyllium husks are an excellent source of fiber. They are called Isabgol in India and are the key to maintaining functional, clean and healthy bowel.
It is really beneficial to use psyllium husk because it contains both soluble and insoluble fiber which makes it exceptional compared to many other sources of fiber. In contact with water, insoluble fiber is converted into valuable cleaner of our digestive system. By absorbing water it swells 40-70 times and produces gelatinous like substance. It acts like a brush that gently cleans and eliminates the buildup of old fecal waste and undesirable toxins from our intestines. With its great power of absorption, besides the toxins, psyllium husk absorbs cholesterol and excess fat and eliminates it from the body. Soluble fiber has a completely different role. Like good organizer, it will ensure that everything works properly. So it strives to create a good protection against cancer and coronary heart disease, promotes the growth of good bacteria, dealing with the construction of a healthy intestinal flora and proper digestion.
In addition to cleaning, psyllium husks have the ability to strengthen the intestinal wall, and most importantly – enhance assimilation of nutrients from the intestine into the blood.
Elimination of toxins
Regular use of psyllium husks prevents further accumulation of toxins and the creation of new deposits on the wall of the intestine. It reduces the period in which bacteria and excess waste are carried in the intestines prior to elimination. Therefore, reabsorption of bacteria and toxins back into the bloodstream is reduced by as much as 90%. Psyllium husk is proved to be of great help to people who suffer from frequent digestive problems such as chronic constipation to those serious diseases such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), intestinal colitis, atherosclerosis.
There is one more advantage of using psyllium. You can use it as a healthy way of weight control. The increase in its volume after eating has a positive effect on reducing the appetite. So, it is in favor of all those who want to lose weight. It is important to consume the psyllium husk 30 minutes before the next meal.
The fiber intake should start gradually and should certainly be accompanied by an increased intake of water. Otherwise, it may cause unwanted blockage and that’s the thing no one should experience.
It is best to eat it in the morning, on an empty stomach. Take one teaspoon of flakes in a glass of water. Stir and wait a few minutes to swell up and get a gelatinous structure, and then slowly drink it. After 30-60 minutes you can eat your next meal. In the meantime, you should drink more water (about 1 liter) to facilitate, accelerate and intensify cleaning function.
Where can you get psyllium?
You can buy psyllium husks in all well-equipped healthy food stores. They should be organic and without any additives.
Psyllium Husk benefits:
- Psyllium husk contains soluble and insoluble fiber, which makes it exceptional compared to many other sources of fiber.
- It regulates digestion and promotes the elimination of unwanted waste
- Solves the problem of diarrhea or constipation
- Protect and maintains intestinal health
- Promote the growth of good bacteria, dealing with the construction of a healthy intestinal flora
- Has the ability to strengthen the intestinal wall
- Enhances assimilation of nutrients from the intestine into the blood
- Actively removes the old buildup of toxins
- For as much as 90% decreases the re-absorption of toxins and bacteria back into the bloodstream
- reduces the period in which excess waste and bacteria are carried in the gut
- Except for toxins, psyllium husk absorbs cholesterol and excess fat and eliminates them out from the body. Therefore reduces high cholesterol and protects the heart
- Promotes stable blood sugar levels
- Provides good protection against cancer and coronary disease
- Psyllium husk is of great help to people who suffer from frequent digestive problems such as chronic constipation, to those serious diseases such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), intestinal colitis, atherosclerosis
- Weight control
It’s amazing how much the introduction of some small changes in the already established habits can give positive results. Small changes can improve our quality of life and health. I hope you will not stop only on reading this article, share it if you like it. And do a little favor for yourself and if you have not already, try psyllium husk.