There are a lot of different ways to prepare tuna. One of the most delicious is to prepare grilled tuna steaks. They are delicious and healthy at the same time. Also the preparation is easy and does not require high culinary skills. If you, your close family and friends enjoy tuna, this is the perfect dish for an occasion. If not, this meal will change their mind.
Grilled Tuna Steaks With Onions Recipe Ingredients
- 1/4 cup of butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion (1 medium)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 tuna steaks, 1 inch thick (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 4 green onions, trimmed
- Fire up the grill. Use gas or charcoal grill preferably. Use a small bowl to mix the butter along with the orange peel along with the chopped green onion. Once done, put them aside.
- Mix the olive oil, pepper and celery salt in another small bowl. Use a small brush to apply the mixture on the tuna steaks and on the whole green onions.
- Make sure the grill isn’t overheat. If it is, let it cool a bit. Once the grill is at medium heat place the tuna on it. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Add the onions a bit later. They need about 5 minutes of cooking. Turn occasionally with fork.
- Once the tuna is cooked take it off the grill and let it cool off for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve grilled tuna and onions with of orange butter.
Don’t forget to prepare salad as side dish for grilled tuna steaks. Sliced cabbage with non-fat yogurt and lemon is the perfect choice.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 330; (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 10g Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 350mg; Total Carbohydrate 2g; (Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 0g), Protein 27g%; Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 4 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choice 0
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.