What is Chrono nutrition Diet?
Main thing with chrono nutrition diet is that you eat at certain time, thus the name “chrono diet”, proper combination of foods. The amount of food and the number of calories you eat is irrelevant. It was invented 30 years ago by a French doctor – Alain Delabos. Dr. Alain studied “Chrono Biology”. He used his field of study to create this amazing diet.
Dr. Alain claims that person could lose from 10 lbs per month up to amazing 15 lbs in 2 weeks, reported in some cases. But this is not the amazing thing. The really cool thing is that you can eat as much as you want to while on “diet”.
How Does Chrono nutrition Diet Work?
The science behind this diet lays in the insulin and cortisol levels in human body as well as digesting enzymes. Controlling how the body uses food nutrients like carbs and fat, insulin is on of the top ranking hormones our body produces. Cortisol, also being one of the main hormones our body produces, controls blood pressure, metabolism rate and other significant functions. Around the clock, each day, the levels of this enzymes and hormones fluctuate.
Dr. Alain in his research came to a revelation that if a person consumes particular food at a given time, he could target the part of day when these hormones are at their peak. With this the food that we intake would be used more efficiently, while the body storing less fat.
In his research he had shown that our body produces more enzymes for fats combustion in the morning, proteins in the afternoon and combusts more carbohydrates in the evening. The chrono nutrition diet menu is basically targeting the right food at the right time.
So since it is called chrono nutrition diet it must have some kind of time table (you can also read when is the best time to take your vitamins and minerals). To be honest, this is not just any time table, but very precise time table. The rule says that while on this diet the time between each meal should be at least 4 hours and at most 6 hours. The ideal time between meals is 5 to 5.5 hours.
As we promised, this diet, unlike others, includes food. Dr. Delabos recommends that each day the calories that a person consumes should’t be less then 2000 and more then 2500 kcal.
Breakfast in Chrono Nutrition Diet
Carbohydrates, proteins, fats. These are all welcomed in your breakfast menu while on chrono nutrition diet. You should be fine as long as you stay away from corn and wheat. Good thing there are alternatives to this: oat, buckwheat, rye, barley. Breakfast rich in fats, proteins and complex sugars is most welcomed. Combine cheese, butter, starch containing foods, eggs or meat. This will give you all the energy you need to jump start your day. Stay away from meat with additives, but eat anything you like. Beacon, cured meat … fire at will. Breakfast should be from 6.30 to 9.30.
Lunch in Chrono Nutrition Diet
The main rule for lunch is – Do not mix carbohydrates and proteins. Choose your weapon of choice and stick to it. I know we said chrono nutrition diet won’t limit the amount of food you consume, but if you want faster and better results try to put a limit here. Under any circumstances DO NOT SKIP lunch. Forgot to mention earlier. In chrono nutrition diet it is forbidden to skip meals. Choosing high protein food would be the smart choice if you ask me. Beef, lamb, pork, veal, anything you like. Stay away from meat that is filled up with additives. Also for lunch eat fresh salad. Vegetable salad. As much as you want. Consider having lunch from 12.00 to 13.30.
Snacks between meals
Don’t worry, sweets and fruits are included but not in the morning. You should consume them only in the afternoon, somewhere between lunch and dinner. For best results, the perfect choice would be dark chocolate. It should be min of 70% cocoa and it could contain dried fruits if that is your thing. Consider having this snack somewhere between 17:00 to 18:30
Dinner in Chrono Nutrition Diet
Dinner, the most important meal in chrono diet. Other diets often “forbid” dinner. On the contrary, our diet, does not only encourage it but it is a must! Dinner should contain protein from white chicken meat or even better fish. Don’t forget salad, made from white or green vegetables. For dinner stay away from pasta, bread or pastry and you should be fine. Dinner should be after 19.00 (at least one hour before bedtime).
For dinner you can try this awesome grilled tuna steaks with onions. Yummy.
So far so good. Few basic rules that don’t change your life much, but have great impact on your health life and weight problems. But if you do have weight problems and want to get rid of them quickly you could go one step further.
Chrono Nutrition Diet Restriction Period
If you want to lose some extra weight, you should think about taking restrictive periods. Chrono restrictive period should last 28 days at least up to 12 months. The longer the period is the more weight is lost. In periods of 12 months there are reports of 110 lbs in weight loss.
As we pointed out at the start of this, you can eat anything you like. But there are rules how to do this. Follow this few simple rules and don’t make mistakes. It can lead to stagnation or worse, you can bounce back at your old weight.
Chrono Nutrition Diet Basic Rules:
- Before breakfast coffee is not allowed. You should drink herbal tea or lemonade (Check out herbs for tea and their health benefits here). If you can’t wake up in the morning without coffee, green tea is the perfect choice. Maximum of two cups of coffee during the day. Each one after breakfast then lunch. Drinking alcohol while in chrono nutrition diet is prohibited, except red wine. Not more then 4 cups per week.
- Don’t drink milk in chrono nutrition diet restriction period. Ever.
- Snacks & fruits. Stay away from them.
- Timetable should be perfect. Eat your meals regularly at 5 to 5.5 hours
Not only in restriction period, but overall, you can’t skip breakfast, and don’t it is just stupid. It is the only meal in chrono nutrition diet that allows bread, just not from wheat or corn. Few other rules apply for breakfast while in restriction period.
- Bread should be from buckwheat, rye, barley or oat. You can give your self a treat every 10-15 days and include pancake or muffin. These should be made of allowed flour. With these you can mix eggs or dairy.
- If you decide to eat eggs and diary do not mix them with anything else. Except in cases like the one above. Mixing eggs and diary with bread is not recommended.
- Do not mix two different diary products. (Cheese and yogurt for example)
- You can mix eggs with meat products.
- You can mix diary products with meat.
- While in restriction period beacon is allowed but in small portions. Ham, chicken and pressed ham is allowed as much as you want. The “permitted group” of meats also includes sausages and similar products, just use ones that are without additives and from trusted manufacturer.
- Consume diary products 3-4 times per week.
- Try to stay away from aged cheeses while in restriction period.
- Butter is another product considered as fat, but you can mix it with diary products.
- Breakfast should be the most large meal of the day. Eat foods that are rich in nutritional value and as much as you need.
We recommend you few recipes for breakfast while in restriction period.
Lunch In Restriction Period Of Chrono Nutrition Diet
As for breakfast, lunch while in restriction period includes few simple rules.
- Combine meat with green vegetables. This excludes rice, soybeans, beans, peas, potatoes, lentils and similar vegetables. Use any meat you wish, that doesn’t include additives.
- You can prepare the vegetables in form of a salad. Use cold pressed olive oil, salt and lemon juice.
- If you decide to cook your meat together with the vegetables, they should not dominate the dish.
- Substitute for meat could be fish or mushrooms.
- For lunch don’t prepare dishes that include bread, pasta or pastry
- Don’t forget the timetable. Lunch should be 5-5.5 hours after breakfast and same before dinner.
We recommend you few recipes that you can use for lunch while in restriction period.
Dinner In Restriction Period Of Chrono Nutrition Diet
- For dinner combine white chicken meat, fish or turkey with salad or steamed green vegetables. Remember for dinner, as for lunch, you can’t eat any rice, soybeans, beans, peas, potatoes, lentils or any starchy vegetables.
- If you don’t like meat, you can eat egg whites.
- Eat as much as you want.
For dinner while in restriction period we recommend you a few dish recipes.
After Restriction Period
After the restriction period is over you can go back to the normal chrono cycle. The timetable goes from 5-5.5 hours to 3-6 hours between each meal. The snacks between meals are again available.
Breakfast After Restriction Period In Chrono Nutrition Diet
Now, unlike in chrono nutrition diet restriction period, you can eat whatever you want. Same as in the normal chrono cycle. Do not worry about eggs, milk, diary products, all combinations are now available. Fire at will.
Lunch After Restriction Period In Chrono Nutrition Diet
While in restriction period, you could do a lot for lunch. But now you can prepare even better dishes. Now legumes and starchy vegetables are back in the game. Sometimes you can treat your self with pasta.
- It is also important how you combine the foods here. You will need to choose between starchy food or meet. Do not mix them.
- Green peas could be the awesome choice, you can combine small amounts of chicken or fish.
- If you go for legumes you could combine them with cheese.
- If you go for starchy vegetables you can combine them with whole-wheat bread.
- You can use diary products for lunch, but don’t overdo it. They are fattening. Diary products shouldn’t be used along with meat. Putting coconut milk on the table instead of regular milk.
- Coconut milk goes in every combination, so use it.
- Sometimes, for lunch, you can eat eggs instead meat.
- Chrono nutrition diet does not prohibit potatoes but they are not recommended. They should be avoided because they contain high amounts of starch. If you are craving for potatoes do not combine them with any protein food. Bake them and eat them with some salad.
- For lunch all kind of seeds are few nuts are allowed.
Dinner After Restriction Period In Chrono Nutrition Diet
After the restriction period is over dinner is much more relaxed. You can eat any kind of vegetables in combination with poultry meat or beef. If you don’t like meat you can combine your salad with seeds.
Once your body gets used to chrono nutrition diet you won’t even know that you are “always being careful” what you eat or combine. You will have more energy during the day, and sleep better at night. Chrono nutrition diet is not a diet, it is a way of life. And many that practice it have shown that it is not hard, but only healthy and better then what others do.